Status
Not open for further replies.

pattek

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need to read information off of a EPM7128SQC100-15 device. I can use an Quartus II with a USB-Blaster to program and verify this device. From my reading I need to use Max Plus II program to do an examine/read of this chip. Can not get an Byteblaster II to detect this device with either the Quartus II or the Max Plus II programs. I can use the Byteblaster II with Quartus II to examine, program and verify an EPCS4 device. Max Plus II does not support the USB-blaster.

the question? blaster 2 can programm directly EPCS. But this is not necessary. You can use a blaster MV for EPCS programming via FPGA. circuit blaster MV primitive

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Do you have a LPT port?

Yes have LPT/Printer port. do not have blaster MV

Both Quartus II v7.2 and v9.1 support the EPM7128SQC100-15 with the USB-Blaster.

Why use MAX Plus II? Class requirements?

Have you check your LPT port settings in BIOS? The ByteBlaster II is supported only in certain modes.

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

Which version of the MAX+Plus II software do you have installed?

According to Altera:

Max+Plus® II software versions 10.22 and higher support the Byteblaster™ II download cable.

**broken link removed**

Found the problem. have a bad byteblaster II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…