Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ethernet to usb or serial conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta11

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any commercial equipment available that is used for ethernet to serial or ethernet or USB converison? Also, if a custom solution for such a case is to be pursued, can anybody guide me to the way out....
Thx

check this website **broken link removed** actually I used netburner in my project ! If you are looking for a chip check this link ::WIZnet:: ..

good luck
Abeer

.. here's a less expensive Ethernet to serial device converter. Fairly easy to work with (assuming you have a good understanding of RS-232 signals, telnet protocol, etc..).

Multi-Tech makes a couple of items that might be of interest:

The MTS2EA is similar to the ATC100 (above) but has more features. **broken link removed**.
If you need an imbedable component, the MT100SEM could work for you.

Hi,

there are a lot of USB to serial cables available on the market. If you are planning to design a conversion board, then FT232RL is a very good IC to convert USB to RS232. Drivers a available to download for free. This is TTL compatible output you might need to convert it using MAX213 IC. For USB to ethernet you can always use PIC.

Hope this Helps

Status
Not open for further replies.