Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Rashad

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any device available which can convert Ethernet Data into 2 different RS232 port ? If no how can we design ? Port 1 is 8080, Port 2 is 1020 !

Is there any device available which can convert Ethernet Data into 2 different RS232 port ?

Yes. These devices are commonly known as a Router.

There are numerous manufactures of TCP/IP Routers, Cisco Systems being one. Although the use of RS-232 Serial Interfaces have for the most part been replaced, with higher speed serial interfaces, such as V.35, more appropriate for connections to CSU/DSU serial devices, there are still models available which offer routeable RS-232 interfaces with PPP or SLIP Protocols .

If no how can we design ? Port 1 is 8080, Port 2 is 1020 !

There are numerous Open Source Embedded Linux Router designs available on the NET which offer sufficient routing capabilities to achieve your requirements.

BigDog

I remember, that e.g. Moxa serial device servers can be set to arbitrary TCP ports of your choice.

FvM brings up a good point. Several manufactures of terminal/console servers offer chipsets which are designed specifically to provide the features you described.

I just took a quick look at a Lantronix development kit sitting on one of my shelves, which has a single 100Base-T Port, two RS-232 Serial Ports and the ability to be configured route packets with a specific port number to one or other RS-232 Serial Ports.

You may want to look for a "canned" module from Lantronix or Moxa as FvM suggested.

BigDog

You can take a look at MatchPort from Lantronix.
The follow are some information regarding the module.

https://www.pic-control.com/product/pic-014_MatchPort_UG.pdf
https://www.pic-control.com/product/pic-014_MatchPort_IG.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.