Not open for further replies.

farabi2017

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to run the load flow study, but instead I'm getting this error.

Error 101-01: [Bus 2] Bus base kV is out of 40% range from bus nominal kV.
Error 722: [XFMR 1] 2W transformer secondary kV is out of 40% range from bus nominal kV.

Here's the screenshot of my project:

I honestly don't know what's wrong, I'm literally doing everything as instructed, but still getting the errors.

Here're the instructions:

Bus 1 is fed by the power grid (ID: Utility) with the rating of Rated kV: 4.16, 3-Phase SR Rating: 500 kVAsc, and 3-Phase X/R: 12.

A heater (ID: HTR 1) with the rating of 50kW and 85% PF (use the calculator of theloading page) is connected to Bus 1. (Hint: heater is a static load).

HTR 1 is protected by the fuse (ID: HTR1_FU): ABB (Manufacturer) & Max kV:4.16 (Use the Library to filter), & Cont. Amp: 8.

Bus 2 is connected to Bus 1 through a cable (ID: CBL 1), a breaker (ID: Bus 2_BKR), and a step-down transformer (XFMR 1).

CBL 1, which is directly connected to Bus 1, is: Freq: 60, Type: CU, kV: 5, #/C: 3, Insul: EPR, Source: KERITE, and Install: Non-Mag (Use the Library), Size: 1/0, Length: 50 ft.
The rating of XFMR 1 connected to the cable is Prim: 4.16 kV, Sec. 0.48 kV, Power Rating: 300 kVA. Use the Typical Z & X/R option at the Impedance page.

Bus 2_BKR, which is feeding Bus 2, is Cutler-Hammer, HMCA, 0.48kV, 800 A (Use the Library at the Rating page). The rating plug of its trip device is 500 Amp.

LT Pickup: 500 Amp & Short-time Pickup: 3500 Amp & St Band: Max (Use the Trip Device page. Deactivate the Ground protection). Keep in mind that each breaker has a Trip Device Unit which acts as the Brain of the breaker.

Update the ID of the bus to Bus 2 if you have not yet done that.

The node between CBL 1 and XFMR 1 has the ID of Node 1.

Bus 2 is feeding a lumped load (ID: LL 1) with the rating of 200 Amp and 85% PF. Update the Load Type so that it is 50% constant kVA and 50% constant Z.

LL 1 is protected by a breaker (ID: LL 1_BKR): Cutler-Hammer, HMCA, 0.48kV, 800 A (Use the Library at the Rating page). The rating plug of its trip device is 500 Amp. LT Pickup: 500 Amp & Short-time Pickup: 5000 Amp & St Band: Max (Use the Trip Device page. Deactivate the Ground protection).

I uninstalled the Etap back so I'll not be able to accurately answer the problem. But the error indicates base limits. Just increase the base limit to 40%, in case it is 500 roll to 700. I hope it works. elseway i hope someone could better answer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…