Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP 32 Tensilica’s Xtensa C/C++ compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseMiguel

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I requested a trial version of the Tensilica’s Xtensa C/C++ compiler from Cadence named XCC.
Does a free gnu gcc/g++ compiler exists which compile LX6 processor from Tensilica as a target?
I want tu use Xtensa Xplorer IDE based on familiar Eclipse platform if it is possible but not paying a license.

Thank you in advance

Bests regards

Jose Miguel

I'm coding extensively for ESP32 devices at the moment using the free Arduino IDE and compiler. It has its quirks but it does compile C and C++ very successfully for that device and the ESP8266 as well. It doesn't have and debugging facilities but I don't think any other compilers for ESP have either.

I think you can use it with gcc as well but I've never tried it. It it does work with gcc it might allow gdb to be used for debugging.

Brian.

joseMiguel

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.