Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESD protect in mobile phone!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talentren

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a new engineer in mobile phone design.i have some questions about ESD protect, can you help me.

1. I use tvs diode array protect data line and control line(such as CS-,WR-,RD-)for LCM. but the phone fail in the ESD strike test.
the tvs diode only can clamp the volatge to several voltage and last tens ns.the data transfer is collapsed. if you give low pulse.but with the help of positive esd strike, the line may change to high pluse. how can i deal with this?
there are some ESD protect ic use rail to rail steer diodes, what is difference betwwen the steer diode and conventional tvs diode?

2. i use TVS diode protect the bottom power line ,such as charge in,usb power in.
but the tvs diode was burned in some shipped product. i think the reason is EFT in the charge cable or USB cable. but I dont really uderstand this.who know the relative technology resource in internet,please tell me.

very thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back