Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

errors when using PrimeTime-PX

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashen224

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am a new comer in ASIC design. I am now trying to use PrimeTime-PX for (post-synthesis) timing analysis and power estimation.

I saw a lot of errors like following error message while executing PT:

"Error: No net timing arc from pin 'U555/Q' to pin 'path_metric_compute/add_87/U1_14/B'. (PTE-014) ".

I guess the library or import files I sent to PT were wrong since it looks like all the paths were wrong. I sent nestlist, .sdf file, .sdc file, and .spef file from DC to the PT and I am using Synopsys education 90nm library (SAED90nm Library).

Could you please advise me what could be the problem causing this? I really appreciate any help.

Seems like your .v file does not match with your .sdf file. Check which one is not updated to the new version.

Thanks for all the helps.

I just realized that there is a version mismatch between DC and PT. I used newer version of DC than PT.

Personally I dont think the version mismatch is a problem unless the version is mismatched too much (like more than 3 major version difference)

Hi,

How do you back annotate the design, SPEF or SDF?
It probablly because of mismatches of SPEF/SDF vs NETLIST.
Or you used some wrong commands that constrains the non-exists timing arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back