ErrorHFSS: A radiation boundary face has solid objects with SolveInside on both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathas

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing filter design using microstrips. I have assigned airbox from T+H, but error appears when airbox is assigned as radiation boundary. (T-thickness of gnd, H-thickness of substrate). A radiation boundary face has solid objects with SolveInside on both sides of it. Only substrate has solve inside set in the design..What is the problem here?

I was able to assign Rad boundary to faces of air box..

For the microstrip filter design, without assigning boundary, S21 was around -0.5dB and after assigning rad boundary, S21 dipped to -20dB. Why so?

did you reassign a conductor (bottom) as radiation instead of conductor? double check ports. something is wrong in the -20dB case. look through the help pages about radiation boundaries for the conditions you should meet. there's something about minimum distance from conductors. Also with no boundaries assigned the outer box is perfect conductor.

Reactions: Lathas

Lathas

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…