Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error with Sub-circuit spice model nodes as "Text" Instead of Unsigned Integer in Mindi SIMPLIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

malli_1729

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Setup:
MPLAB Mindi Simulator in SIMPLIS mode,
*.mod model file of capacitor GRM31CC80G227ME11.

I have loaded(via model library addition or directly including using .INC file) a Sub circuit model of Capacitor(GRM31CC80G227ME11) to Generic capacitor part in Mindi Simulator and using it circuit.

The model definition is like this below

.SUBCKT GRM31CC80G227ME11 port1 port2 and uses port1, port2 inside the Model.

When running the model, getting error as
"input file X:\folder\MIC24046_1V2_565khz.deck,

line 3916: R100 port1 11 2.27e+5
An unsigned integer to represent a node number is expected at the location where 'port1' occupies. "

Some how, simulator is not accepting model to have Nodes as Text it wants it as unsigned integers. Any ideas how to solve this.

GRM31CC80G227ME11 spice model

Use a text editor to replace a few node names?
Thanks for the Reply FvM,
I have changed the node names to numbers and loaded model properly. Its known but not simple. Because with many manufacturers i have seen this practice (having node names as Text like N01,N02....etc), For bigger models changing these names to numbers at many places correctly is error prone and time taking. I am seeing any SPICE options (added to that model) or tool Options (MINDI/SIMPLIS options/settings) can be changed permanently to accept the models with node names as Text instead of Numbers.

Original SPICE syntax uses only positive integer node numbers. Symbolic names are apparently an extension, may be introduced by PSpice and adapted by most other SPICE simulators, e.g. LTspice. No idea why it's not supported in SIMPLIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back