Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

error whilt working wih matlab 2010a and windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

patki.vedika

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
error while working wih matlab 2010a and windows 7

hello,
I am using xylinx system generator 12.1 with MATLAB 2010a.My program contain combination of Xylinx blockset and embedded MATLABfunction when i run that code suddenly error comes "MATLAB STOPPED WORKING" "Windows is looking for solution ......" and program terminates in unusual way without saving changes in program.I have changed MATLAB version 2009b,20010b and now 2010a but still same problem I am facing.Please suggest me solution.
Thank you!

Hi Vedika,

Are you sure that you have lineced "xilinx system generator 12.1" ....Some time linence issues also create this kind of problem....by the way why do you using matlab for xilinx simulation you can use directly ISE ( xilinx software) for coding and simulation....

Good Luck

Hello Milind,
to see the results of blackbox I am using sysgen and regarding license;I am using licensed copy of Xylinx.

then I can suggest you couple of things to do-

1) Close all other application that are running parallelly with matlab ....because matlab is computational software and your are dealing with lot of dsp stuff too with xlinx system generator ....it's better to have 2GB ram on your machine
2) Second open the task manager and check the performance of your CPU where your PC hangs and what CPU usage that you have at that time..
3) Try to make first very simple code working in your tool chain and then you can make complex staff
4) Still issue come then one need to put the break point kind of staff in your code....

Good Luck

Thanks for reply ! My system configuration is i3 with 3GB RAM.I dont think theri is some problem with code because it is small one.is their some problem with windows 7?bcs I have just formatted my lapi and reinstalled all software.

May be possible ....windows-7 OS ....many of the packages had face some problem just search on net that what Matlab and Xilinx software that supported on windows -7 ....may be you can get the right fix....I had faced simillar issue but bcz of very big virtual memory allocation in my Matlab code....however, My this Laptop had 4GB ram I5 processsor....

Good Luck to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back