Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

error system fonts not supported for rs274d gerber format

Status
Not open for further replies.

pads11

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pads2005 CAM error - system fonts not supported for rs274d gerber format

I have a pcb file in pads2005 that was imported from 2007 pads via ascii file.
Other than changing some fonts to arial, the import went fine.
Now when trying to run gerbers in pads 2005 I get error saying "System fonts are not supported for RS274D Gerber format. Consequently, all text strings using system fonts were skipped"

Once the cam has run to the end, all the text is missing from cam files. So all reference designators are missing, silkscreen labelling, etc. I've tried changing all the fonts to some other font, like verdana for example but the same problem persists.

Has anyone seen this before and what can be done to fix it ?

Last edited:

Try using RS-274x format, if that dosenot work it is the post processor within Pads that wont support system fonts.
RS-274d is deader than a Dodo, I would ditch that format NOW if you can use 274X

I agree with Marce. 274-X is the most widely accepted gerber format.

However there is a tricky workaround. I don't know if this can work for you, but it worked for me just now :) use the below flow

In PADS go to CAM -> 274D format -> Document type -> Split & Routing -> select the Top/Bottom layer -> disable all items except outlines, Text and Reference designator from the layer -> generate the CAM. This gave me the Silk Screen...

All the Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back