Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error installing USBasp driver in Windows 7 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

muneeb.khan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Helo, i have made the USBasp programmer from https://www.fischl.de/usbasp/, its working fine on my desktop having win xp 32-bit, but when i connect it my laptop it says 'Unknown Device'. I have also tried to install the driver manually but got no result. If somebody encountered this problem please let me know its solution.

Try these three steps:

If you have already attempted to install drivers then remove them by right-clicking on the USBasp icon in the device manager and selecting "uninstall". Let it delete the driver files when it prompts you and then remove and re-insert the device.

Extract the downloaded files from the zip to somewhere on your hard disk.

Open up the device manager. The USBasp device should have a yellow exclamation mark on it. Right click on it to install the drivers. Navigate to the USBasp folder that you extracted from the archive. Windows should automatically install the driver.

problem is that windows not detecting, it says unknown device. When i connect it with my usb port a message window pops up saying "USB device not recognized ", but it works fine with my desktop.:(

problem is that windows not detecting, it says unknown device. When i connect it with my usb port a message window pops up saying "USB device not recognized ", but it works fine with my desktop.:(

Yes that is normal on Win7, I give you procedure, follow step by step.

You must manualy point to driver location in Win7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back