Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error in Simulating in PSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electro_Motive

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate a frequency response of an ac powered RC circuit.
When I click on the run simulation, the run proceeds but I eventually get this error message.

**** INCLUDING tutorial1-SCHEMATIC1.net ****
* source TUTORIAL1
V_VCC VCC 0 5Vdc
V_VIN IN 0 DC 0 AC 1 STIMULUS=
--------------------------------------$
ERROR -- missing STIMULUS name

I clicked on my AC voltage source after I got this message and added the word "Voltage" under the Implementation tab of the properties of the source.

After I did this the error message came up again. I can not get my circuit to simulate. Help appreciated. Thanks.

Try removing the "stimulus=" word. This will make that source be an AC voltage for your simulation.

These modern versions of capture/PSpice are too clever for themselves. I eliminate these problems by using the make netlist command in capture and then use a text editor to paste in the simulation commands and then open PSpice by itself and run the simulation.

Hi

You have probably choosen a "VSTIM" generator in the "Source" library of pSpice. That's why you need to enter a value for the parameter "stimulus" of this "VSTIM".

If you only want do proceed an AC response of your circuit, you can choose a "VAC" generator instead a "VSTIM". In this case, there is no "stimulus" parameter, but you need to provide value for "ACMAG" parameter wich is used in AC analisys.

Good luck.

I agree - VAC should be a good solution for this problem .
Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back