Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error in ADS Agilent project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpa2007

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
when i try to open an ADS project that until now was working i get an error message saying:"Not a Project Directory"
how can i restore the project folder?
thanks in advance

Hi,

Did you find out what might cause the problem? I don't know what's missing that it doesn't recognize it as a project:(?

Although it is not specified exactly in the question I shall assume you are using ADS 2009U1 or earlier. ADS 2011 uses workspaces and not projects.

For a project to be recognized by ADS there are three essential components. There must be a networks and data directories inside the project folder. The project folder name can be anything, it does not need to have the _prj ending, but these two directories must exist with the correct name. Also the must be a file called de_sim.cfg in the project folder.

If any of these three pieces is missing then the error message about "Not a Project Directory" will appear if you attempt to open that project.

Incidently, for ADS 2011 the requirements are the same in repect to the data directory and de_sim.cfg file. However, instead of the networks folder being a requirement it is the lib.defs file that is needed.

Thank you so much for very informative reply. Now I will look which one is missing!

thank you very much for the information and the reply.
i sorry for the delayed answer,I will follow your instructions!

In my project folder both networks and data directories exists. In my project folder the file de_sim.cfg
also exists. After that when i am trying to open this project folder, error is coming-"not a project directory"
this problem was come suddenly when my ADS software was running and my system goes shutdown before that it is working perfectly. my project folder location: C:\users\default\lb_prj.
Although other projects are running (opening) perfectly which exists at the same location.
please help me it is quite urgent.

- - - Updated - - -

In my project folder both networks and data directories exists. In my project folder the file de_sim.cfg
also exists. After that when i am trying to open this project folder, error is coming-"not a project directory" in ADS2009
this problem was come suddenly when my ADS software was running and my system goes shutdown before that it is working perfectly. my project folder location: C:\users\default\lb_prj.
Although other projects are running (opening) perfectly which exists at the same location.
please help me it is quite urgent

Check the de_sim.cfg file in the project. This may have become corrupted during the shutdown. This should be a simple text file and the first line should read:

PROJECT_VERSION=1000

If this value is missing the message you report will be displayed. ADS does keep a backup of this file in the previous state call de_sim.cfg.old. You may be able to rename the .old file to de_sim.cfg and be able to open the project.

I had exactly the same problem where the computer suddenly shut down and my project would not open on restart (whereas other projects were fine).

The de_sim.cfg.old file did not exist and the de_sim.cfg file was empty. Writing "PROJECT_VERSION=1000" in the empty file did not save the day either.

As a last resort, I deleted de_sim.cfg and replaced it with the de_sim.cfg from another project. Despite the new file containing references to irrelevant designs external to the project, it worked and I was able to continue working on the design as before!

If I hadn't just stumbled upon this thread, I would've just started the entire design again!

Thanks to all,

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back