Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

error "found '*' expecting ')' " during dll creation using CVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix39

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

i am creating DLL using third party API/DLL using labwindows/CVI and getting the following errors in the argument of a functions which is a pointer to structure of structures.

the point where i am getting the Error "found '*' expecting ')' " is basically a pointer to structure of structures (of a third party whose definitions have been included in the included Headers). just for checking i made another structure (ActivityFlags) in my existing structure (BCCreateMsg) and referenced it using a pointer in "BCXmtMsg" function. But this gave no Error.........This is very strange !!!

For simplicity i remarked one of the structure variable (WD_ITEMS) in the WD_CARD_PCI_INFO structure, so the other structure WD_PCI_SLOT only has simple variables now. But still i get the same error and DLL creation is aborted.

can you please explain the difference for WHY compiler is behaving unpredictably for the very similar functions, structures and arguments.

i am attaching the project also for the above scenario.

i have tried by changing the calling conventions but that makes no difference in this situation.

hoping to have the prompt favourable solution...

thanks and regards..

ZAFAR

Attachments

• DLinkLib WORKING.zip
    1 MB · Views: 72

If it expects a ")" then it sounds as though you are providing more arguments than it expects. Or different types of arguments than it expects.

Does it expect for one of them to be an integer, and another floating point type? Does it expect one to be a number rather than a variable? A string? Etc.

Did you designate for the function to manipulate a variable's value only within the function, or is it set to change the variable in its memory-address at some point?

If it expects a ")" then it sounds as though you are providing more arguments than it expects. Or different types of arguments than it expects.

Does it expect for one of them to be an integer, and another floating point type? Does it expect one to be a number rather than a variable? A string? Etc.

Did you designate for the function to manipulate a variable's value only within the function, or is it set to change the variable in its memory-address at some point?

Thanks Brad.

it is solved, actually i added the header having structure declarations after the one in which function's prototype was given.

regards

Zafar

Status
Not open for further replies.