Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error amplifier with DC path in feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Ive lost my Marty Brown book which described error amplifiers which arent integrating...ie, just like high gain inv amp.
Do you have a favourite site for these?

Books, app notes - https://www.analog.com/en/search.ht...e_type_fac_s:f8eadfaf64cf48afb4ad8b54198f6f2a

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Thanks, unfortunately i went over my book spend budget for electronics many years ago.

I have just spent the last hour searching for an article on the error amplifier for SMPS that has finite gain at DC (ie, is just an inverting opamp essentially), but can find nothing on it........it was discussed in Marty Browns power supply cookbook, but i have lost my copy.

I just wish to confirm that there is no power supply feedback compensation situation where the "finite DC gain" error amp would give greater chance of avoiding instability than eg a type 1,2 or 3 error amp?

Essentially the "finite DC gain" error amp is deficient in phase margin when compared to a type 1, 2 or 3 error amp...would you agree?.....therefore, a type 1,2 or 3 is always better for smps feedback compensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.