Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equivalent Low cost IC for TLP250

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need Low cost Equivalent IC for TLP250 .This is using to drive Mosfet in Sine wave inverter at 50hz pulse for inverter mode and 20khz for charging mode.

I don't know of a cheaper direct replacement. But you might be able to design a similar driver employing an NPN-PNP totem-pole, provided you don't need isolation. I've seen quite a few PIC based sine wave inverters (mostly 16F72) that employ TLP250. If your circuit is something similar, you won't need isolation especially since the MOSFET and the microcontroller share the same ground anyways.

However, may I ask, how expensive is the TLP250? The price here seems rather reasonable and cost isn't usually too big a factor when it comes to sine wave inverters.

Reactions: ismu

ismu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back