Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Epsilon r of Salty Water - dependance on concentration

Status
Not open for further replies.

flanello

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Epsilon r of Salt Water

Has somebody an idea where I can find information about the epsilon r and conductive values of water with different amount of salt in it?

Epsilon r of Salt Water

hi
For seawater,

er = 80
s = 4600 mS/m

regards

piboo

flanello

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Epsilon r of Salt Water

I would say, the real part of epsilon remains the same, but an imaginary part with the parameter sigma*frequency*mju0 gets there also, making the refractive index a complex number, thus represanting the attenuation of the electromagnetic field.

I guess, finding an instrument that measures conductivity wont be hard, or you might even calibrate your own setup with copper rods. check out **broken link removed**
where they state

Absolute pure water - 0.055 µS/cm
Distilled water - 0.5 µS/cm
Mountain water - 1.0 µS/cm
Most drinking water sources - 500 to 800 µS/cm
Sea water - 56 mS/cm
Max for potable water - 1055 µS/cm

flanello

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Epsilon r of Salt Water

Thanks for the information.
Do you know where I can find a table (or a formula) of the salt content and conductivity?
I want to know if the conductivity of water increases linear with the salt content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back