Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enthusiastic Engineering Graduate needs to know what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arulnathan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I am from Malaysia. Let me keep this short and simple. I am a very fast learner. Thus I did well rather easily in my Bachelor's degree with First Class Honors. I enjoy designing, problem solving, analysis, testing and innovation. I enjoy the entire process of locating a problem, analyzing the problem, finding a solution, working on the solution, testing and debugging the solution, continue to improve the solution. In addition to this, I am very good at learning CAD software, mathematics, and I can understand and learn about other disciplines. I am hardworking, but I am more objective based than rule based. I like working to achieve the targets set with my own style and method. At the end, the satisfaction for me would come from gaining knowledge, inventing and having great fun working. Can anyone advice me, what kinda industry or company I should join? RnD? What kind of jobs would suit me? I want to use my talents to help me succeed. Please advice.

I would say you need to work in product development rather than R&D. Maybe a small company where you allowed to work on most or all of an electronic product. Something in industrial/professional/medical electronics rather than consumer (which tends to be larger companies).

Keith

Re: Enthusiastic Engineering Graduate needs to know what to

Hi, Thanks a lot. I have never thought of that actually. Product development? I wonder which companies would be involved in that. Perhaps companies that create instruments and etc. Thanks a bunch, I shall start looking for such companies.
By the way, is it wrong to want a balanced life as an engineer. To have career success accompanied by physical health and emotional happiness. Where I am now, it is a must to not fret about wanting to live a normal life and be willing to work as long and as often as required. Are things much different in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.