Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Entering the field of smd reworking, smd rework stations propositions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Having years experience with ordinary size electronics and making a few SMD projects using a fine tip and the soldering iron, I would like to enter the field of SMD reworking using a real station. I guess when I do that, there will be no turning back to the ordinary size components, unless for prototypiong/hobbying or when there is no smd equivalent.

I would like to propose me some good solutions for an smd rework station, from your experience.
I consider all these things that you have learned from your experience with these machines.
I would like to avoid cheap chinese market products, I prefer to wait more time to buy something more expensive, if it can just do the job.
I am delighted of this video from Pace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0wI-5YZQm4
Please propose me some good brands (not chinese), like pace, antex, weller and better ones and also models if possible.
My budget is no more than $1000-$1500 and that is the maximum I can afford for the best station I can find. Second hand is ok as long as it is in really good shape.

BTW I have found a weller wrs1000 at a good price <$250 . does it worth it for a discontinued product?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back