Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ensemble 'adaptive frequency'

Status
Not open for further replies.

myem

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all:
In ensemble ,
there is a 'adaptive frequency' in 'solution setup ' ....
does anyone know about the usage of adaptive frequency ???
I don't know how to use it ....

Hi,

Generally you should put the adaptive frequency in the middle of your frequency sweep. This is what En$emble help says.

Greets,
Redi.

if you use fast sweep,you should make adaptive frequency little higher than your middle freq.

Hi,

I might be wrong but I think that adaptive frequency is the frequency at which a sequence of adaptive passes is run to achieve convergence. In other words this is the frequency for which the mesh will be optimal. Then the circuit is solved at this frequency. If you have specified Interpolating Fast sweep option the program will automaticaly do several more frequencies from the band and then interpolate in between.

There is a belief that it is the best to set the meshing frequency near highest frequency in the band, so the quality of the mesh, and consequenly the accuracy, will not detoriate with frequency.

flyhigh

It's right,set the adaptive freq near highest freq in the band,then do the discrete simulations.
Caocao
flyhigh said:
Hi,

There is a belief that it is the best to set the meshing frequency near highest frequency in the band, so the quality of the mesh, and consequenly the accuracy, will not detoriate with frequency.

flyhigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back