Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enhanced Mode Pseudomorphic HEMT LNA connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im considering using a LNA that has a really good NF for my application. Looking at the data sheet there are four pins (Drain, Source, Gate, Source). Im using Gate as input, Drain as output, Source to ground. My question is why are there two sources on this IC? Do they have different applications? Which one do i use?

**broken link removed**

This is used for packages of the high frequency transistors to minimize the source (or emitter) parasitic inductance.

kspalla said:
I agree with Vfone, it increases the GND connectivity.

So basically just connect one of the source pins to ground? and the other source pin hook up as shown in figure 1 (pg.10) or 2 (pg.11) of the datasheet?

Hi

connect both sources to the GND, therefore any resistance and inductance of the connection will be in parallel, both internally in the transistor and externally regarding PCB connections.

flyhigh

Status
Not open for further replies.