Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

energy scavenging for low-pwer radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

galilu

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

any one have an idea about this type of technology, converting vibration to energy.... :?:

another method

There is another method that uses an antenna and a diode to rectify high RF fields. The output is used to power your radio. This was very popular back in the days of germanium transistors which could run on 0.4 V or so.

Hi
Thanks for reply, but I mean some deep information about MEMS used in this technology. I'm interested in "Scavenging" Only not the applications depend on it...

Mr. flatulent if you can give simple blocks for this idea it will be great, especially I did not know how antenna work in details, my first intuition that the Antenna used to generate the field would cause interference and distortion for the signal used in me radio, as it will cause harmful harmonics with aid of diode…. Please answer soon.

thanks

long wire

The antenna was a very long wire. The power came from local MW broadcast transmitters.

The schematic was long wire - diode- capacitor - ground. You tapped the power from the top of the capacitor.

On the harmonics, yes, it would generate them. This was a child's toy and so perfect performance was not required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back