Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

energy monitoring using pic16f877a_which sensors to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcsandhya82

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I m trying to build an energy monitoring application. I have to measure power consumed in a domestic environment, and power generated in a solar panel. I am emulating the domestic environment with a load built with two 40W lamps.

I have some doubts regarding the sensors that i should choose and their interfacing.

So, to measure power consumed and power generated here, i guess one pair of I sensor and Vsensor will be required for the 40w lamp node, and another pair for the solar panel. That means four channels of ADC are required to measure power. isnt it?

is WCS2720 a good choice for I sensor? i cant find many examples of interfacing this one with microcontroller though. how do i know if i have to use a separate Vref for this sensor or not? can pic16f877a adc give a reasonably accurate reading for this application?

Any help will be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

I am terribly sorry, i posted in the wrong forum.. I am not able to figure out how to delete this..

sorry again.. i am reposting in microcontrollers forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back