Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Energy Detection Threshold , Spectrum Sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniggerImp

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having a little trouble with my Energy Detection simulation for spectrum sensing

expression 1 -> pf * gamma(u)= incomplete_gamma(u,lambda/2)
where pf = probab. of false alarm
u = Time-Bandwidth product
lambda = threshold

expression 2 -> pd = Q(sqrt(2*snr) , sqrt(threshold))
where Q() is the generalized marcum function
pd = probability of detection.

1. How do we set the threshold for the energy detector ?
in many papers i have read , they usually suggest deriving the threshold from expression 1 , by choosing a pf ( say 0.05) and then calculating lambda.
( i tried doing this , but got stuck - cause was unable to implement the inverse incomplete gamma function .......... any suggestions how i can calculate the lambda ? )
( I dont have the function gammaincinv in my MATLAB version , so please suggest some alternative way)

2. in expression 2 .. the probability of detection is a function of threshold and snr.
if assuming the Time-Bandwidth product , and snr is kept const .. and the amplitude of signal and noise is increased .................. then by expression 1 , the threshold would come out to be the same , and hence even pd would turn out to be the same.
Which is wrong , cause with change in noise value , lambda should change , but that doesn't happen here.
Am I missing something ??

Please help

did you find the solution?
if yes can you post it please, I have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.