Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Enable import from batch mode (skill/ocean)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MohEllayali

hi all,
i wanted to generate my schematic netlist from command line , so what i do i launch icfb in non graphical mode, so i do consecutively:

icfb -nograph #
simulator( 'spectre )
design( "lib_name" "cell_name" "schematic" )
createNetlist( ?recreateAll t )

but the terminal complains:

import netlist is disabled but required

i dont know how in skill/ocean i can enable importing netlist

i did that from the gui (on analog environement)
Tools->Import Netlist->Enable in Analog Environment
and tried to see what command this do in ciw window or in the ocean script in analog environement, but found nothing

so my question how can i enable creating netlist from schematic in skill or ocean ?

thanks in advans

Added after 2 hours 30 minutes:

problem solved ..........

okay it's a long story actually
for this particular cell, i did before a parasitic extraction , so i've previosly done,
Tools->Import Netlist->Enable in Analog Environment , and in order to be able to create the netlist from commande line, Import Netlist needs to be disabled actually.

that what i did, but with no sucess because once you enable "import netlist", CDF create a base parameter (importedFile) for your cell, which will not be deleted even though you disable the "import netlist" afterwards.
so you need to open CDF tool, and for your cell remove that parameter (importedFile), and it should work

I dont know in details , how those different tools interact, i just tried till it worked. may be somebody else can give us the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back