Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMIR for ring oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I have to run EMIR simulation for my ring oscillator design. For this I have generated a test-bench to be run with hspice. The issue is if i give to big a time duration, the test seems to be running for too long [infact the simulation I ran 2 days back has not ended yet :(]

some details about my design:

Initial ring oscillator frequency "ROint"=400MHz.
It is divided by 4 to get output frequency of "RO"= 100MHz.

My supply is ramped from 0 to VDD in 1us.

I sample the EMIR results from 1us to 3us for EMIR calculations...with RO=100MHz...this comes to 300 cycles of output frequency and 1200 cycles of ROint.

My query is,
1. can I just take few cycles only, say 10 of RO for my EMIR calculations, will the results be good enough?
2. How many cycles are good for EMIR calculations?
3. Is there a way to fasten the simulation time?
4. If I choose the run level to 1, which is lest accurate but faster...would the EMIR final result will be good to be trusted. Currently I am using run level = 3, which is default and equivalent to "moderate" for spectre.

Thanks,
Ashish

Status
Not open for further replies.