Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

emergancy need on tripple well model of 0.18 um technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

amny

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one
I really need the transistor model of an NMOS in 0.18 um triple well technology for simulation of circuits in hspice. It is due to my M. S. project and I have little time up to my defence session. I have some simulation results in 0.18 um TSMC mixed mode technology, but they are with typical NMOS of this technology. The guidelines to change the transistor models of a typical NMOS to triple well type can help me too.
Thank you for your help.

There is no standard model for a triple well process. You need to get that info from the fabrication plant.

The guidelines to change the transistor models of a typical NMOS to triple well type can help me too.

I'd think it's enough to change the channel doping concentration NCH to the doping concentration of the p-well (≈ 3.2e+017).

Reactions: amny

amny

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I'd think it's enough to change the channel doping concentration NCH to the doping concentration of the p-well (≈ 3.2e+017).
tanks for your answer. but can you introduce me a reference on it. I should defend my assertion in my defence session.

- - - Updated - - -

tanks for your answer. but can you introduce me a reference on it. I should defend my assertion in my defence session.

... can you introduce me a reference on it.

Unfortunately not. But I think changing NCH is enough, because there are no other physical differences. At least I didn't find any other differences in our model files (from a few years ago), not even in VTH.

SPICE/SPECTRE should calculate the different channel conductance and the corresponding capacitances correctly with the new NCH value. You could try and compare their values.

amny

thanks again erikl. Can you tell me about the range of typical NMOS's NCH in 0.18 um technology? The NCH of NMOS transistor in my technology file is 3.9E+17. Is this difference in NCH value of triple well an typical NMOS (3.2E+17 and 3.9E+17), regular?

Is this difference in NCH value of triple well an typical NMOS (3.2E+17 and 3.9E+17), regular?

No, I don't think so. Our process used an EPI p-stubstrate with NCH=5.22E+16 . The triple well p implant concentration usually is higher.

For non-EPI processes s. e.g. these SPICE data from TSMC/MOSIS.

amny

... in the mosis test data EPI and non-EPI processes have the same NCH!

To achieve the same doping concentration for EPI and non-EPI substrates means the wafer provider can adjust his processes quite well.

Or the extractor (or MOSIS) guys just took over the values ...

So what? Don't mind -- or ask the MOSIS guys!

amny

Status
Not open for further replies.