Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMC Standard - how to be compliant on EMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsimeon

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
EMC Standard

Hi,

Is there anyone who is knowledgeable on how to be compliant on EMC? I am now assigned for the Standardization of our product and we are now doing a test on one of the NRTLs in the US... Just want to have a deep understanding about diffferent EMC standards, can anyone give me a brief intro about these (ex. FCC, IEC, ANSI, EN, etc.)? A more technical dertails will highly appreciated...

Thanks...

Regards....

Re: EMC Standard

lsimeon said:
Hi,

Is there anyone who is knowledgeable on how to be compliant on EMC? I am now assigned for the Standardization of our product and we are now doing a test on one of the NRTLs in the US... Just want to have a deep understanding about diffferent EMC standards, can anyone give me a brief intro about these (ex. FCC, IEC, ANSI, EN, etc.)? A more technical dertails will highly appreciated...

Thanks...

Regards....
FCC is followed in US.IEC is Europe.
There are different IEC standards for each and every category of equipments- medical,commercial,industrial etc. like IEC 61000-4-3,IEC 61000-4-6.
For instance for medical instruments you cannot use commercial stds-obviously.
Also there are a lot of tests like conducted/radiated susceptibility-immunity tests..
You ought to go thru a lot of standards to apply for your equipments.
Or if you know nothing about the standards-dont worry,just consult with people like TUV, SAMEER-centre for electromagnetics(indian based R&D centre,they have a very good EMC lab for almost all the equipments..)
Just go thru their website..
**broken link removed**

Regards,
Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back