Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded Web Server Connection to the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenjoy

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have an Embedded Webserver and this is connected to my PC, what I want to do now is I want a remote PC to access the Embedded Webserver via the internet (view the embedded webserver contents via internet explorer).

Is this possible?

I am only connected to the internet via Dial-up connection.

Thank you very much.

Yes, it is possible. ou have to install a client-server application. This application has to check if it gets an info from the client software(remote PC) a message, to transmit to your microserver via the server which is your PC.

PS: Pls can you give me the link from which you made your embeded system.

My embedded webserver is a Zilog Embedded Webserver.

You can use this h**p://www.wingate.com/product-wingate.php

It makes possible to connect 2 or more computers using a single conecction, in this case, your computer and the zilog eZ80F91.

dahem0n

Dear Glenjoy,

I think people in recent posts has gived You more teoretical things. I'll try to implement this into something practical by other way.

1. So, first of all, you need to check if You have DHCP controlled IP address via dialup or not. To do so, You need to connect few times to internet using your modem and write down your IP address by giving command 'ipconfig' in command window. If your IP address is static (for example, 210.104.24.153) - now goto part 2. If your IP address is changing - it is DHCP controlled, and that mean's that you must know your IP address everytime you connect to your PC from remote computer.

2. Now You need to install Apache web server to your PC where Zilog's developer kit is connected. In the end of Apache's configuration file in VirtualHost section just add string like that:
ProxyPass /zilog/ https://192.168.0.2/
(Your dev kit is connected to PC via ethernet, isn't? Use hub/switch or crossover cable if You don't have it. Let's suppose, computer's ip address in your mini LAN (PC and embedded web-server) is 192.168.0.1 and Zilog's dev kit IP is 192.168.0.2)

From now on, all connections from internet to your computer's IP address (when it's connected to internet via dialup, sure) will show apache's pages on your computer (for example, **broken link removed** - IP taken from part 1), but if You add /zilog/ to this address, apache will redirect You exactly to Your Zilog's embedded web server.

Cheerz, mate.

Hello rybo,

What if instead dialup I use a cable modem getting the IP in DHCP.

Thanks.

abu_zakan said:
What if instead dialup I use a cable modem getting the IP in DHCP.

Hello abu_zakan,

If Your computer's IP address is DHCP controlled, first of all You must know, that this IP is really changing. Sometimes DHCP is used only for giving users statis IP addresses from one machine. Unfortunally if your IP address is not static, and is changing everytime You turn on your computer, there is no way to implement web-server in such easy way. In this case You must write down your IP address (using 'ipconfig') everytime you turn your computer on. After next restart you will got another IP address. Remember that sometimes there is time period for a few hours when DHCP will generate another IP address.

Sure You can ask from your internet provider about possibility to have static IP address. But I think if You have DSL or ISDN you will never receive such a gift.

Cheerz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back