Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics Instumentation Mini-Project - LDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fnixer

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need to design a circuit using an instrumentation sensor, I decided to go with an LDR since it simple and to use a LM324 Op-Amp. My input supply is limited to 5V and under 250mA. I need to show an output proportional to the variable level being monitored, clamped to a range of 0V to 3.3V (ranging from at least 0.1V to 3.2V), with appropriate anti-aliasing filtering, I will also need to show an LED coming on when light shines on the LDR.

Any ideas of circuit help please let me know.

Thanks

What are you attempting to measure, light level? What is the maximum and minimum lux levels?
Do you know that light measurements may span ranges of 30000:1 or greater? Therefore, do you want a linear or log output?

You mention an anti-aliasing filter, so you may be thinking of using an ADC. If so, how many bits of resolution? What is the sampling rate?

The requirement of a LED turning on when the LDR receives light, at what lux level does it require to turn on or off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back