Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic temperture control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Element7k

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have recently found an oil filled radiator lying in my garage and wish to use it to heat up a room. However, this radiator is very old and does not come with a thermostat. It will be brilliant if anyone on this board can advice me on how to build an electronic temperature control which I can plug into the wall power socket to turn the radiator on and off at predefined tempertures. (e.g. something similar to timers that plugs into the wall socket to turn electrical appliances on and off at specific time).

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Element7k

You can build a simple circuit based on one opamp and a relay .. see picture below ..
**broken link removed**
This circuit was designed to operate a fan and in your case you need the opposite action - when the temperature is lower the heater has to be ON - use a relay with NO/NC contacts ..
There are several other options such as instead of a relay you can us a triac, but I think a relay ratad for decent current will do and it safe as it provides isolation between the mains and low-voltage cicuit ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back