Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding a circuit selector and control with footswitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzblues

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone!

I have this guitar amplifier that I've added a tremolo circuit. I manage to add a DPDT switch to select between the clean signal (goes straight to the amp circuit) or the tremolo circuit (goes to the tremolo and then to the amp)

So, there is a way of replacing the DPDT switch for a female 1/4 inch jack that I can connect a footswitch to turn on and off the tremolo circuit ... or to select between the clean guitar signal and the signal with tremolo. I've been researching but is a bit confusing.

What would you guys recommend?

Thank you!

Replacing the DPDT switch with what? Why not using a DPDT foot switch as any guitar effect does? In case you want to control the effect by a digital signal, you can of course use an DPDT analog switch, but it needs a power supply.

I suppose your circuit has a battery power supply? Often a pedal has a switch in the jack which conveniently turns the power on as you plug in a cable.

Is your question asking about this? It's separate from the switch that chooses between tremolo and plain.

One problem which can appear is a startling 'pop' noise whenever you do something. To avoid it you may need to experiment with locations for a switch, whether on the input side or the output side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back