Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic School Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netsky56

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi !

First, i'm french, sorry for my english :p.

I have an electronic project to do which consist in :

Transmitting data (errors) stored on a EEPROM to a FOX LX832 board and indicate if there are errors or not on a website (php page stored on the FOX LX832 board).

To sum up i have :
EEPROM <===RS232===> FOX LX832 <===ETHERNET===> Computer

My questions are :
-How can i transmit the errors from the EEPROM to the FOX LX832? Is there anything to program? Or is it automatic?
-Secondly, can i make a C program (which will be stored on the FOX LX832 i suppose) like :
"if there is error1
then indicate it on the website
else nothing and test if there is error2
etc...." ?

Thanks !

Please clarify: while bytes of data are stored in an EEProm you want to verify them and if an error occurs you want to send an error-message via RS232 –to- FOX bla, bla .. right?

-How can i transmit the errors from the EEPROM to the FOX LX832? Is there anything to program? Or is it automatic?
A microcontroller with serial port can do it ..

IanP
:|

Yes that's it, the errors are stored in the EEPROM, and if there is one, the EEPROM must send it to the FOX.
The EEPROM and the fox are linked by RS232.

The EEPROM and the fox are linked by RS232.
What type of EEProm is it?
I haven’t seen one with the RS-232 interface ..

IanP
:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back