Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Lock Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sl33py

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there i am working on digital electronics project which is basically an electronic lock. What it does is that you enter the security code into the keypad and press a button to enter it, if the code is correct the lock opens otherwise it doesn't. I also want the code to be re programmable.. I am hoping to keep it hardware only. The problem i am facing is that i want some sort of permanent storage in which the code is stored and compared and i don't have the slightest idea what to use for that. If anyone can guide it would be really appreciated.

which types of circuits are you use for it ?
is it Micro controllers or Digital ?
Please specify ?

i have seen 74 series ic used for code lock but if you this project using mcu then your code will be stored in eeprom which is programmable try using mcu .

Pic micro's have eeprom built in, usefull for that.
But if you want to do this in non programmable logic, which is what I think you meant, then probably the way to do it is to 'program' the code in using jumpers on the circuit board.
Heres one, not very good and a whole lot more complex than just a single pic chip.
Hardware-Based Keypad Lock

Hi there i am working on digital electronics project which is basically an electronic lock. What it does is that you enter the security code into the keypad and press a button to enter it, if the code is correct the lock opens otherwise it doesn't. I also want the code to be re programmable.. I am hoping to keep it hardware only. The problem i am facing is that i want some sort of permanent storage in which the code is stored and compared and i don't have the slightest idea what to use for that. If anyone can guide it would be really appreciated.

is electronic lock project done? can i have the circuit diagram and the program you used? then we'll try to improved it, thanks in advance. happy new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back