Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electromagnetic fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramakarteek

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want mathematical proof... for the magnetic fields being closed loops ...

Not strictly mathematical but,

Magnetic Fields, B and H, store energy..

E = 1/2 B x H

Apparently it is a 'cross' product.

I might assume, or guess, that if the fields were not 'closed' then the energy would 'leak' away of its own accord.

You do get 'losses' but that would be the energy being 'coupled' to a loss mechanism, resistive, either in the conductors or magnetic materials being used, or anything influenced by such fields with similar 'loss' mechanisms.

Genome.

Thanks but how come the mathematical expression u have mentioned relates to the closed loop of magnetic field

Isn't it a tautology? Its part of the definition.
(in the same way that the expression 2 + 3 = 5 does not have a mathematical proof, its true because it is a tautology).

Thanks but how come the mathematical expression u have mentioned relates to the closed loop of magnetic field

Indeed it does but otherwise observation indicates that the mathematical expression fits the real world situation as I have, in part, described it. I might think that B fields and H fields are nothing more than convenient descriptions about what might be going on from which the mathematics is derived and it appears to work. Unfortunately that makes mathematics nothing more than a description in itself. Given it is as such then..

i want mathematical proof... for the magnetic fields being closed loops ...

I don't doubt that there are things, based on observation and logic but excluding philosophy, whereby mathematics would give you insight into other derived expectations which would fit in with the new description.

I would like mathematical proof that magnetic fields are not closed loops

I shall now go and shout at the wall outside in order to make it turn into a SpaceShip!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.