Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electromagnet for Magnetic Levitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend called me just now.He's telling me that the whole document goes around 700MB and the file format is in TIF and the project pages are around 30.When he was uploading the 700MB file, it was taking very long time and system was getting hang.So I ask him to bring that softcopy in your USB drive tommorow in university, so I try to minimize the size and in the same way will upload the file from the university.The file size in TIF is uncompressed and is very big.I want to convert in PDF format in a book manner, like a e-book.He don't know how to do and neither me, we have to find out.If you know about this then also let me know.

Well, we have got the whole document in a soft copy, but it's huge in size.I think as far as the project file is concerned it's file must be around 10MB or less and not around 700MB.You know that scanner scans the high quality images and the file size is huge.I'll try to minimize the file size and make it in PDF tommorow.I hope it's not that urgent to get you the file.I'm sorry for making it late for you. :(

no problem bro, you have the pdf convert software? if not, there are such free software available in the net.

Hey I have compiled your Electromagnetic Leviation project file.It took me time, because when I made the photocopy of the original document.I asked my friend to bring the scanner with you at university on tommorow, but he forget to bring the scanner.It was annoying at that time, so I hand over that photocopy of project file to him and asked him to make the scan of it.My friend went to his office and he hand over that document to a office boy, who was untrainned.He made the scanning comprising of all around 700MB.Office boy gave that document to my friend, then my friend tried to mail, but 700MB was huge to be attached.So he brought that scanning on USB today.He gave to me, I brought that scanned document at my home.I tried to reduce the size, but I found that the scanning was a total MESS!!! there was no way I could arrange it and some pages were even missing too.It was very annoying.I then phoned my friend and said to him, that I'was coming to his office, I then drove to my friend's office, I took up his office scanner and brought it to my home.I then made the scanning from the start and then made the proper PDF file.It comprise around 10MB, as previously it was a mess of 700MB.

FINAL YEAR PROJECT ON ELECTROMAGNETIC LEVITATION
This file contains everything necessary to make the project.You don't have to go anywhere else.You will find answers of your every question in this document.

thanks bro, the file is relevant for my research now. however, it doesnt say how they derive the number of turns and the amt of current they needed.. no formulas written.. i guess its by trial n error right?

Yes, in contrast to the rather profound controller design, the magnetic circuit apparently hasn't be analyzed, dimensions are also undocumented. Only the general relations for magnetic force are given.

An axisymmetric magnetic circuit could be analyzed e. g. with free Quickfield Student Edition. http://www.quickfield.com

hi bro, do you know where to find info for calculations like what is the amount of current to input into the magnetic coil to levitate an object? is there any formula to calculate magnetic flux using the weigh of the object to be lifted?

I'll check on other files on Electromagnetic Leviation.But I think that there's any universal formula on that, because if we use I shaped magnet,E shaped,U shaped or etc.Each have different lines of magnetic filed coming out from the magnet.So the single formula won't apply.I think so.

Yes, there is no universal formula. Basically the magnetic force is a product of magnetic flux B in the object and gradient dH/dx of the electromagnet's field. As B is also proportional to H, the force is quadratic function of H respectively excitation current (assuming constant permeability of magnet core and object).

If you know field strength H(x) at the electromagnet's axis, you could calculate an approximate value for the force. With larger ferromagnetic objects, the field is also modified by the object.

i got to know this formula,

the current use input into the electromagnet. is it calculated using this formula?

EF= C(i/x)^2

EF = electromagnet force

when the electromagnet force is equal to gravitational force meaning at equilibrium point. the current calculted from the above equal is the current to input into the electromagnet. is it true?

The quadratic relation for the current i is obvious, as I derived. But I guess, the question was how to determine C. Your expression also implies a quadratic relation for the position x. I think, this depends on field geometry, but could be an approximate value within a limited operation volume.

While searching for Infra Red Emitter and Detector information for my circuit on the web.I came across this webpage, it's related to your project.Its about electromagnetic levitatiton.Have a look at it

https://www.coilgun.info/levitation/home.htm

Just see, how the NUT is flying in Air.I took this picture from the above webpage.

closeup1.jpg

awesome..this may help my research

Nice demonstrations! Basically the usage of a magnet instead of ferromagnetic material reduces the power requirements for the drive coil and introduces a linear current to force relation instead of a quadratic one, which eases control.

Status
Not open for further replies.