Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrif field distribution on a line at HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwg

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone

I'm stucked in HFSS. What i'm trying to do is just simple.

I excite my CIRCULAR WAVEGUIDE and just want to see electric field distribution on a line that lies on the cross-section of waveguide.

Whenever i complete my solution and click right on the line and plot field>electric field>mag_E, gives an error as "no available data solution".

I cannot fix it and if one can lead to solve it, i really appreciate it.

Hello CWG

Did you assign a material to your line? and why not post your file here, will be rather simple to figure out after looking at the file.

Regards
Elchiquito

Hello CWG

Did you assign a material to your line? and why not post your file here, will be rather simple to figure out after looking at the file.

Regards
Elchiquito

Tnx elchiquito;

No I did not assign a material and actually i could not although i've tried. I send my file. There are 8 lines and two sheets. Also i cannot observe electric field distributions on sheets.

best wishes.

Attachments

• alan.rar
    7.8 KB · Views: 73

what are you actually trying to do? the lines are very infinetismally small? how would you expect to see any field on top of it.

Regards
Elchiquito

What I actually try to do is to observe the electric field distribution from (0,Φ',z') to (a,Φ',z') where a is the radius of waveguide for constant Φ',z' at start and end points.

If I draw a line on Waveport, I can observe the electric field distribution along the line.

Even if I draw my observation-lines on sheets, i cannot obtain any data.

Yes, lines are of infinetisimally thickness but i can use it on waveport to observe electric field. Also, i cannot observe on any sheet (actually i do not need to observe on sheet, just to make it clear, i said.)

regards

What I actually try to do is to observe the electric field distribution from (0,Φ',z') to (a,Φ',z') where a is the radius of waveguide for constant Φ',z' at start and end points.

If I draw a line on Waveport, I can observe the electric field distribution along the line.

Even if I draw my observation-lines on sheets, i cannot obtain any data.

Yes, lines are of infinetisimally thickness but i can use it on waveport to observe electric field. Also, i cannot observe on any sheet (actually i do not need to observe on sheet, just to make it clear, i said.)

regards

ok.. it's all done folks. all i did was just assign air volume inside the waveguide and plotting the electric field, just simply select the volume "air".

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back