Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electrical control panel design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickbeer

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,

I would like to learn how to design an electrical control panel for a machine. Can anyone recommend me what is the best book regarding control panel design for beginner like me? thx in advanced

best thing is use a front panel designer app
and place like art ....

look to abicom in germany for these tools

i bought all there apps
Google

If panel layout is a big consideration, you need to do some reading into "Human Engineering" design. Things like this:**broken link removed** and **broken link removed**
Things like UP is on and down is OFF, CW increases and CCW decreases, inputs are to the left and outputs to the right. It's a rather interesting field in its self ...physiology...psychology...sociology...and of course hardware. :)

Ken

Last edited:

VSMVDD & KMoffet,

Actually I want the idea of electrical wiring connection. Is this easy to do? Is there guide for me to do this? For example this wire connect to which wire and so on???

Why do you want to do this? It's not a simple thing. Lets start with basics...do you have any electrical/electronics experience? If not, you would need a copy of "Machine Control Panel Design For Dummies". OK, that's a joke. ;-) That doesn't exist in the "..........For Dummies" series of books.
Try this, Google: control panel design
You will get things like this: **broken link removed**
Is the information presented understandable to you? To design a control panel, you would first need to know how "the machine" works. Then you would need to know all the things you want the panel to do. Followed by all the component specifications the will do that. Then how to connect them together and with what.

Keep us posted.

Ken

thanks KMoffet, I have been busy lately and I have just downloaded and started to undertand its content. Is our knowledge in control system necessary for control panel design? Thx

It depends on what that's the goal of you're design. If it's just the electric/electronic circuitry, then probably not. If you just want to randomly mount electrical hardware on a box and make it work, than probably not. It comes down to all of the aspects that make a control panel work efficiently and look professional.

Perhaps you can elaborate on the specifics of the project...to help us understand what information you really need.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back