Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electret Microphone circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaleks

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I've taken apart a dual electret microphone with the aim of understanding its circuit. The Microphone is powered from a 1.5V AA battery, and is able to switch between Vout(1) and Vout(2) 'Tele' and 'Normal' modes apparently.

I've measured and drawn the schematic in LTSpice to show you what I am up against.

I am aiming to replace the circuit with something that doesn't hiss, but wanted to understand the existing circuit before I move onto its replacement.

The Electret Mic modules in question is the CZ034GU, nothing fancy.

The ceramic capacitors values were marked, but not their units.

Could anyone walk me through the design?
ElectretMicSchematic.png

Best Wishes

Xaleks

Hi,

capacitor values you can find in the internet. It is similar to resistors, but in pF.

example:

224 means: 22 x 10^4 pF = 22 x 10000 pF = 220000pF = 220nF

(I marked the "0000" in the same color as the "4", because there are "4" zeroes)

Klaus

Reactions: xaleks

xaleks

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Klaus,

Thank you for the info on the capacitors, I'll update the simulation values now.

Xaleks

The transistors are simple "common emitter" amplifiers. The capacitors block DC but pass audio. R1 and R10 power the Jfet inside each electret mic.

Reactions: xaleks

xaleks

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.