Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Effective Dielectric constant Vs frequency plot of microstrip line using ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

maktoomi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to plot the variation of effective dielectric constant of a given microstrip line (say, 25ohm microstrip line on a substrate having a relative permittivity of 10.0 and a thickness of 0.65 mm of example 3.8 pozar 4th ed) using ADS. Please suggest me steps to do it. The plot from pozar is attached.
I have seen that linecalc does give me the Keff but is there any to get the variation over a frequency range?

Thanks.
CAD.JPG

Hello
I want to plot the variation of effective dielectric constant of a given microstrip line (say, 25ohm microstrip line on a substrate having a relative permittivity of 10.0 and a thickness of 0.65 mm of example 3.8 pozar 4th ed) using ADS. Please suggest me steps to do it. The plot from pozar is attached.
I have seen that linecalc does give me the Keff but is there any to get the variation over a frequency range?

Thanks.
View attachment 116462

Have you tried a Co-Simulation with the PCB + Schematic Model?

Hi chiques , thanks for responding. After not getting response here, I posted this question to microwave101, and I got the solution.
Here is the link: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back