Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] EEPROM interfcaing with pIC18F4520

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulsiva

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..
i need to save data of (date,time,data 1(2bytes),data 2(2bytes))..in 24LC256... provide me step to process..

You have to decide on few things.

One of it is, how much space allocated for each sample. For example, how many bits for date, how many bits for time.. for the data you already defined it. As for the date and time, do you really need to save the exact time stamp? or you can register only the time stamp of start of sampling and get time of other sample based on gap between each sample taken.

Another area to look into is the bus and timing characteristic which you can find on 24LC256 datasheet. it will have all the details like flow chart to guide you.

This blog has information on how to play with the said device, hope it helps you.

Last edited:

What compiler are you using ? Does it have i2c library ? If yes, use the i2c library and make you oww eeprom library. If your compiler already has eeprom library then use it.

Edit: Do you have to write in C or ASM ?

Hi-Tech C compiler ...24LC256(i2c)i have i2c code..step program i needed to process

- - - Updated - - -

i needed to store (14/02/2014,14:54:20,425130 rpm,15 stop) this data in EEPROM for a every hour

Status
Not open for further replies.