Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eed help: Importing Protel Gerber+drill and via into emds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfreak

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Can I know what is correct procedure to import gerber file together with the via information. For first time import, my via is missing...but when i include .drr or .drl...gerber union gives me an error message...something like this

"fileA.DRL is a RS274D file"
"fileB.GBL is a RS274X file"
"only files with the same format is allowed"

Then how should i import my gerber together with my vias?

Please help,

rfreak

TADE said:
first click on the one of the via->right click->modifie design padstack->all instance,there u c ur pad of ur via,in that assain the pad character like+,*,etc,then go to file->update design.
now the drill of via will fall ,as u apply the nc drill,nc legend option.

to import ur gerberfile, file->new->select board,assign the board name->file->import->artwork

rs274x is the formate to generate the artwork,it is the standard one.check it while generating the artwork,that u have assigned or not as rs274x.

Hi rfreak,

Check your settings properly while generating gerber. I would recommend you to generate gerber in rs274x format.
Definitely the vias will be seen in gerber.Probably you might be able to see only the used vias in inner layers.
FileA.drl is the drill file and you have to import as drill data.

Shabu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back