Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Educational SIM548c Tracking Project - Basic questions to get me started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark10

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am about to begin a prototype style asset tracking project, after searching around I have available a SIM548c unit / antennas / evaluation board etc.. I am about to order the items. pic below is an idea of the module.

SIM548c.jpeg

I have some experience of using programming etc, and can pick it up quite fast.
What I require is a Basic understanding of the tracking process.

Apologies in advance if I am incorrect in any of the following - I am at beginning of a learning curve!

The project is to demonstrate the following:

1) Tracking unit to respond to SMS commands sent from a mobile phone.
2) Position of tracking unit to be sent back via text showing LAT/LONG co-ordinates + http web link to Google maps that shows position of device. (Also returning battery status information)
3) GEO Fencing

As far as I am aware ?

1) I can use the SIM548c module as a standalone GPS tracking device by inserting a PAYG SIM card and providing a battery power source.
2)A pre set program stored onto the SIM548c will then respond to SMS message commands sent to it from a mobile device.
3) The SIM548c module will then return requested information to a mobile phone device over the mobile network (as per SIM card).

I do not yet fully understand

1) How to program the SIM548c at commands?- does anyone have a simple tracking file program, that I can learn from and add to?
2) I assume the program is sent via HyperTerminal or other?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Mark

Any help would be much app thanks guys !?

hello mark,

you can use hyperterminal, for sending AT commands but not for programming. but c++ and the other programming languages have interfaces for AT commands.

does anyone know how to send AT commands to SIM548C via SMS? I am making a project and any help will be much appreciated.

thank you in advance,
osman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back