Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EDK 11.1 fatal error, trouble with cygwin resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack// ani

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

Now and then I keep getting following error! I'm running EDK 11.1 on Windows 7 32-bit machine.

C:\Xilinx\11.1\EDK\cygwin_vista\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487, base 0x9410000, top 0x9420000, reserve_size 61440, allocsize 65536, page_const 4096

It appears Cygwin(Linux environment for windows) is running out of memory resources. Is 2GB RAM not sufficient?

Any clue how to get over this problem?

Thanks

Upgrade to the latest cygwin, the one coming with xilinx is not working properly with their tools. It is so pathetic that problems with cygwin has been known to Xilinx since version 8 and they NEVER manage to get this damn thing under control.

Hi farhada,

I already tried that with latest version 1.7.1-1, but sadly Xilinx EDK is so lousy that is does not support anything above 1.5.25.

So in a hope that this version might work, I downgraded but problem still persist.

Like that was not enough, now I've to set some environment variable to make it work, else the EDK wont even run.

Xilinx tools detected that an unsupported version of the 'bash' utility is insta
lled.
To avoid potential issues, you can do either of the following steps:

1. Avoid using the pre-existing Cygwin installation, and use the Cygwin shipped
with Xilinx tools. To do this, delete all Registry entries under the key "HKEY_C
URRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2", and then launch the Xil
inx Bash Shell. The Registry is automatically populated with paths of the Cygwin
in the installation area.

2. Make a backup of the 'bash.exe' in the existing Cygwin installation (under th
e /bin directory). Copy the 'bash.exe' utility from Xilinx Cygwin installation (
%XILINX_EDK%\cygwin\bin) to the Cygwin installation's bin directory.

To continue using the existing setup, please set the following environment varia
ble.
XILINX_EDK_DISABLE_CYGWIN_CHECK=1
ERROR:EDK - Error while performing Cygwin checks....

Anyways, I figured out an alternate solution by installing Windows XP mode on my Windows 7 machine and so far it works like a charm.

Cheers

Glad you found your problem Win7 is a joke, I had to remove it on my PC and installed XP before I could use anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.