Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

edaboard server issue ?

danadakk

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having a recent problem, with page load latency on edaboard, that I am not
experiencing on any other site.

I have flushed browser cache, logged out and back in, seems to be just dogging me.
Delays as long as a minute, even when posting on threads long latency when saving
posts/edits.

Even spell check highights take forever.....or click to edit a word, bowser acts like
its computing the Federal Pay Check database, cursor will not show for a long time.....

Seems like ~ 1 week ago. Win 10, all updates current, Chrome being used, I7
quad core.....

Regards, Dana.

Yes, after contacting Edaboard admins, the feedback given to the moderators was that they had installed a feature on the server ( shared among other corporation domains ) that was overloading other services; By the way, for some reason they were not notified of the activity on the private forum, and it was only 2 days ago that they became aware of it.

It would be good to know how to report such events in future. Cyber-security upgrades are inevitable but should not impact performance.

Although I have seen such latency events also on other site and here. ( it does promote astable multiple saves)

Win 7 x64, i7 8cpu, 16GB + 1TB SSD.
don't need no more stinking updates or win antivirus.

My Latency tester.
1699716710383.png

Last edited:
I am also facing some issue some time the page is not responsive

If anyone experiences issues, win+R > cmd [enter]
>
Pinging www.edaboard.com [67.227.166.55] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 67.227.166.55: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=51
Reply from 67.227.166.55: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=51
Reply from 67.227.166.55: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=51
Reply from 67.227.166.55: bytes=32 time=36ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 67.227.166.55:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 45ms, Average = 36ms

Moderators have had similar experiences for the past week (I have a Macintosh OS X running Safari).
I learned to try changing the browser setting 'Enable content blockers'. I was never certain which items on a webpage were affected, but any change often caused the page to be reloaded immediately. Sometimes it registered an action I'd taken, sometimes not.

When holding the mouse over a link, I looked at the status bar (bottom of browser window) to see whether it matched the link I wished to visit. I've had to wait several minutes for links to agree with the status bar. Sometimes it navigated me to a link which had scrolled off the screen a minute previous!

Not sure if this is related but during the long pauses I've notied that it seems to be waiting for a web site '...'.
Susan

Last edited by a moderator:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: