Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECG based heart rate system with artefact rejection project

Status
Not open for further replies.

resit30

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Heart rate is a vital indicator of health and anaesthetic status. While it is often possible to monitor heart rate using a pulse oximeter, there are many situations in which this is not practical. There is therefore a need for a simple electrocardiogram (ECG) based system. In experiments involving neural prostheses (i.e. bionic ears and bionic eyes), stimulus artefact, from the electrical stimulation of neural tissue, is often orders of magnitude large than the ECG signal, complicating the task of determining heart rate. l need to design and construct a simple ECG based heart rate system that will be able to function in the presence of stimulus artefact from a neural prosthesis. I'm unsure in how I should start this projects. I'd really appreciate it if you guys can help me out with it. Thank you :)

It is possible determine heart rate optically, as well is taken on SPO2 measurement.

+++

The purpose of the project is to determine heart rate using a ECG based heart rate system. I can't use any other way.

look up google for 'open ECG project' .. they have a few good circuits. Try a basic one from that site ... dont go for too flashy ones. Also look up TI and Analog Devices for ECG related app notes. These will surely help. To determine the heart rate you can try something simple as an R wave detector (comparator). Keep the gain of the ECG circuit a bit on the higher side for the comparator method.

What kind of an artefact are you looking at? If you could let me know that I may be able to suggest something.

In experiments involving neural prostheses (i.e. bionic ears and bionic eyes),
stimulus artefact, from the electrical stimulation of neural tissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.