EBG structure modeling in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.
prafuldeo said:
Hello meerek,
yes put the port at some distance and in port option de-embbed the port to the top of the patch. I think its under distance for reference plane option. Try it otherwise I'll set it for you just upload your model.

Regards

Hi Prafuldeo,

In your previous post, you said that you can de-embbed the port simply by shifting the distance to reference plane.

Am I right to presume that you are refering to unit cell boundary conditions in the frequency domain solver?

Does that really do the trick of de-embbeding? I'm asking because there's another option under "results-->S-parameter Calculations" to do the port de-embedding for you.

Cheers
Bzai

Hi Piboo,

Your posts has been very useful. First of all thanks for them.

I assume the the application note you mention here is already published now on CST support. Because recently i found one and i believe you are the author. (I attached that file with this)

1. Some how i was looking for the correct macro to find out the reflection phase and yet i couldn't. If you have could you please send it to me. In the meantime i'll try to use the manual template based post processing steps to find out the reflection phase of an EBG structure.

2. Do you know if the later versions of CST has in built macros for calculating the reflection phase?

Thanks

Attachments

• CST_APPLICATION%20NOTE__PERIODIC%20ARRAYS%20(FSS%20,%20PBG).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 309

" hello sir... i am working on ebg , i have stuck in middle... tell me which type of feed techinic is used to test the s21 of the ebg structure . and u also said the one port is taken as input and another is used the check the trasmission characterisics using a conductor.. sir tell me how the 2 ports are defined in cst...plz reply me as early as possible... thank u sir...

Because of you I succeed about phase reflexion but I can't have the dispersion diagram. You said eigenmode but what kind of boundaries should I take ? electric and magnetic boundaries on x and y but in zmin , I have put Et=0 and zmax I have put open but it doesn't work. I m trying one by one the others. If you have the complete process to have the dispersion diagram on CST, it will be great because dispersion diagram on HFSS is too long...

thanks

Hi I am a HFSS user ,EBG structure and antenna application I completed my study in HFSS and

Part2 I need to compare with CST

How can I convert HFSS project to CSTs

can you explain me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…