Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EBG structure modeling in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.
prafuldeo said:
Hello meerek,
yes put the port at some distance and in port option de-embbed the port to the top of the patch. I think its under distance for reference plane option. Try it otherwise I'll set it for you just upload your model.

Regards

Hi Prafuldeo,

In your previous post, you said that you can de-embbed the port simply by shifting the distance to reference plane.

Am I right to presume that you are refering to unit cell boundary conditions in the frequency domain solver?

Does that really do the trick of de-embbeding? I'm asking because there's another option under "results-->S-parameter Calculations" to do the port de-embedding for you.

Cheers
Bzai

Thanks shahid78,

I forget something, but I correct it in the previous post (see the EDIT).

In the application, I will show how to calculate the reflection phase for several methos in TD and FD.
I correct also the macro for phase reflection (calculate for vaccuum structure, then pec structure and the real structure).

Maybe I will include dispersion diagram.
This application is nearly ready but in french, I have to translate it.
I think in January it will be finished.

regards

piboo

PS: If I helped someone... +1 for help will be nice :p ;)

Hi Piboo,

Your posts has been very useful. First of all thanks for them.

I assume the the application note you mention here is already published now on CST support. Because recently i found one and i believe you are the author. (I attached that file with this)

1. Some how i was looking for the correct macro to find out the reflection phase and yet i couldn't. If you have could you please send it to me. In the meantime i'll try to use the manual template based post processing steps to find out the reflection phase of an EBG structure.

2. Do you know if the later versions of CST has in built macros for calculating the reflection phase?

Thanks

Attachments

• CST_APPLICATION%20NOTE__PERIODIC%20ARRAYS%20(FSS%20,%20PBG).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 305
Hi all,

To masud: give me one more week, i'm a little bit busy in this moment, but if you have any questions we can try to resolve them.

To prafuldeo: I don't know what you'r looking for exactly ?

Do you want to see the S21 between an antenna and an EBG structure ?
Because the S21 corresponding to the port 1 is excited and you observe the transmission in the second port.
That's why I don't understand your questions because I don't see where are your ports.
Try to explain a little bit more your problem plz

regards

piboo

" hello sir... i am working on ebg , i have stuck in middle... tell me which type of feed techinic is used to test the s21 of the ebg structure . and u also said the one port is taken as input and another is used the check the trasmission characterisics using a conductor.. sir tell me how the 2 ports are defined in cst...plz reply me as early as possible... thank u sir...

hi

for phase reflexion you can use either time or frequency domain solver:

Two methods for each solver:
-time domain solver:
1/ using the macro with a plane wave
2/ using magnetic and electric boundaries conditions in order to have a TEM wave.

-frequency domain solver:
1/using unit cell and do a de-embedding
3/using magnetic and electric boundaries conditions in order to have a TEM wave.

For dispersion diagram you need to choose the eigenmode solver.

regards

piboo

Because of you I succeed about phase reflexion but I can't have the dispersion diagram. You said eigenmode but what kind of boundaries should I take ? electric and magnetic boundaries on x and y but in zmin , I have put Et=0 and zmax I have put open but it doesn't work. I m trying one by one the others. If you have the complete process to have the dispersion diagram on CST, it will be great because dispersion diagram on HFSS is too long...

thanks

Hi I am a HFSS user ,EBG structure and antenna application I completed my study in HFSS and

Part2 I need to compare with CST

How can I convert HFSS project to CSTs

can you explain me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back