Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy software for transmision lines simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmigoMaxwell

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I am looking for some small program wich allows me to simulate simple transmission (I do not even need to modelate them as real tx lines, i.e. microstrip, guideline, etc) lines. I just want to see how the line behaves when a square pulse is sent and, for example, a resistor terminator is placed here or there, or how are the wave reflections when some capacitor or inductance is placed

I have tried with the next ones:

Mefisto 2D (I can't send square pulses! And can't simulate tx lines with discrete components! )
Mefisto 3D (Same)
Hyperlynx LineSim (I want something like this! But the demo version doen't allow me to simulate!)
UltraCAD Transmission Line Simulator (Something with more options that this!)

I suppose I will be able to do this with software like HFSS or CTS but I think must be something easier!

Thanks for your help !

Spice is pretty easy... Try LTSpice, which is freely available from www.linear.com. All you need to do is use the ideal tline model...

use pcaad5 for antennas with Transmission Lines calculator in it.

**broken link removed**
https://chemandy.com/calculators/microstrip_transmission_line_calculator_Hartley27.htm

and TX-Line is a free, easy-to-use, Windows-based interactive transmission line calculator for the analysis and synthesis of transmission line structures. TX-Line enables users enter either physical characteristics or electrical characteristic for common transmission medium such as:

* Microstrip
* Stripline
* Coplanar waveguide
* Grounded coplanar WG
* Slotline

Do you need a SPICE like program or a Field solver (2 d or 3 d)?

:cry:

I find this one useflul (it is not inexpensive):

w*w.polarinstruments.com/support/cits/AP122.html

It is a good start before going to a 3D solver.

Amigo

I guess you can get what you want with a nice free (and legal, not cracked) solver on

**broken link removed**

saludos
mpero

you can use from serenade software for transmision line simulation

u can use either sonnet software, which is freely available in the web. u can use ADS schematic or Momentum for the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back